Today I'm linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy to share the books I read and recommend in 2013. Shockingly, a grand total of 21. I didn't set out to read that many on purpose, but I think it just goes to show how much I enjoy reading! I read a few more, but I chose not to put them on the list because I didn't actually finish them. I used to finish every book that I started, but then I realized I wasn't doing it for enjoyment, so I stopped. I would highly recommend these books, so get after it!
- The Language of Flowers, Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- What Alice Forgot, Liane Moriarty
- The Forgotten Garden, Kate Morton
- The Dressmaker, Kate Alcott
- The Lost Husband, Katherine Center
- The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
- 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth
- Daring Greatly, Brene Brown
- Wonderstruck, Margaret Feinberg
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think, Laura Vanderkam
- Boundaries, Henry Cloud & John Townsend
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandburg
- A Homemade Life, Molly Wizenberg
- Packing Light, Allison Vesterfelt
- Kisses from Katie, Katie Davis
- Love Does, Bob Goff
- Wild, Cheryl Strayed
- A Million Little Ways, Emily P. Freeman
- Bread and Wine, Shauna Niequist
- Help Thanks Wow, Anne Lamott
- Rules of Inheritance, Claire Bidwell Smith
- Dinner, A Love Story, Jenny Rosenstrach --we consistently make the Pork Ragu, Grandma Turino's Meatballs (really we just make the sauce most of the time and mix in ground beef or sausage), Homemade Chicken Stock and Chicken Noodle Soup with Orzo are many of our go-to's.
- Bread and Wine, by Shauna Niequist--I already listed it above, but we use this book on a regular basis as well when we meal plan. We recommend the Green Well Salad (with the homemade vinaigrette), Goat Cheese Biscuits, Maple Balsamic Pork Tenderloin, Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burgers and the Steak au Poivre with Cognac Pan Sauce. Basically you can't go wrong!
My go-to source for adding books to my list this year has been the Modern Mrs. Darcy blog. I would highly recommend adding Anne to your blog list! She has great tips for books, and great insight on life. :-) She also has a Summer Reading Guide that I found invaluable, as well as a Christmas Guide for the book-lovers in your life. Can't go wrong there!